× Welcome to SGCyberSecurity forum!

Feel free to discuss any topics relating to cybersecurity with the rest of the security community in this forum.

Topic-icon Is Pokemon safe to play?

54 years 9 months ago #2263 by o_quinton7

Lol, well until we heard about some hacking case so for now just quickly enjoy!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

54 years 9 months ago #2264 by o_Kenneth Lee

@ronnie101, scared don't play, play don't scared. :p

On a more serious note, I thought that it is good that you are asking this. I'm not sure if you are referring to the permissions that they require in the initial version where they had full access to y

54 years 9 months ago #2265 by o_ronnie101

lol, i like that way u put it 'scared donÆ’??t play, play donÆ’??t scared'.

Well, at first quite skeptical when they ask for my google gmail access but it seems i got no other way around it. i'm just afraid they have databases of sooo many users, and if this falls into the hand of hackers, thats it i tell u.

54 years 9 months ago #2269 by o_Kenneth Lee

haha, but it's true (at least to me) to a certain extent. I get questions on how safe something is all the time, but I think cyber security is also about managing risks. It's always about balancing between so many things such as convenience, security, costs etc. At least playing this game is more straightforward, it's just about an individual as a gamer, if he/she is willing to take the risks. In enterprise systems, there's a lot more to consider.

54 years 9 months ago #2282 by o_merlionguy

yep, think a safe way is to use a 'non-critical' email address which you don't usually have sensitive info in it. Worst case scenario if hacked at least nothing is stolen.

7 years 10 months ago #2262 by o_ronnie101

been reading articles on data privacy issues for Pokemon Go app, wonder is it really safe to play?