× Welcome to SGCyberSecurity forum!

Feel free to discuss any topics relating to cybersecurity with the rest of the security community in this forum.

Topic-icon Findings from latest AGO report

7 years 2 months ago #3642 by mandyplayhard

Wow wow wow, to be honest, I am quite appalled with the findings reported in the latest AGO report. I thought things like unauthorised changes to the IT systems should not occur since the government is known for having proper processes in place.

But well well, I guess exceptions do happen at some point in time and it shows that more needs to be done for IT governance, which MOF has correctly pointed out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 2 months ago #3643 by ronnie101

Nowadays with so much cyber incidents, more checks are required to ensure govt systems are robust.

7 years 2 months ago #3644 by twentysomething

ronnie101 wrote:

Nowadays with so much cyber incidents, more checks are required to ensure govt systems are robust.

Yes, i was looking at the AGO report and was astonished on some findings that it still surfaced. More control checks are required to ensure all citizen data are kept safely. maybe should consider hiring more internal auditors?

7 years 2 months ago #3646 by paulsng33

twentysomething wrote:

ronnie101 wrote:

Yes, i was looking at the AGO report and was astonished on some findings that it still surfaced. More control checks are required to ensure all citizen data are kept safely. maybe should consider hiring more internal auditors?

Maybe should also understand what's the weakness and address it holistically first. getting reactive may not be good, but it's good to let everyone know the importance of ensuring data is kept safe.