× Welcome to SGCyberSecurity forum!

Feel free to discuss any topics relating to cybersecurity with the rest of the security community in this forum.

Topic-icon Security+ certification

54 years 9 months ago #3327 by o_moomoo77

Yay, I finally got my hardcopy cert!! And it comes along with a membership card, woohoo!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

54 years 9 months ago #3058 by o_34jonston

Yep, Security is a good stepping foundation for security track. go for it!

7 years 9 months ago #2949 by o_cyberfox123

Anyone taken the Security certification before? May I know if it's an easy one to take and the advantages?

7 years 8 months ago #3021 by o_living soul

i will be taking it soon! will update when i have taken. :)

7 years 8 months ago #3023 by o_Chandra

Hi,

On 31'st Jan -2017, passed the exam. It my second attempt. 90 questions.(few performance based questions). Each cost around?ÿ 420 SGD ( depending USD rate..after 10 % discount , i got the code from Security book library book) ..After first fail, i an under pressure/panic.(otherwise loss $$$)?ÿ So, studied?ÿ hard... CNY holidays....relief Passed! but score is not great.

So, real preparation on 4 to 5 days. Usually it should be 4 weeks.

One great resource is Darril Gibson Security book (available in NLB) and his?ÿ blog

His blog:?ÿ <a href=" blogs.getcertifiedgetahead.com/ " target="_blank"> blogs.getcertifiedgetahead.com/ </a>

Another great resource is: Prof Messer study group (once in month - 2 hours- Free -fun).

His blog and?ÿ pop quix another good resource.

<a href=" www.professormesser.com/popquiz/ " target="_blank"> www.professormesser.com/popquiz/ </a>

Here is?ÿ much more details..

<a href=" www.techexams.net/forums/security/122355...d-security-help.html " target="_blank"> www.techexams.net/forums/security/122355...d-security-help.html </a>

Feel free to contact me..in case of further suggestion/details.

Cheers!

chandra

7 years 8 months ago #3025 by o_Chandra

&gt;&gt;May I know if itƒ??s an easy one to take and the advantages?

Comptia has reputed organization and has many more exam including?ÿ &lt;span class="st"&gt;<em>CompTIA Advanced Security</em> Practitioner (CASP).?ÿ As per survey among working professionals?ÿ 60% people have CISSP and?ÿ around 20%?ÿ have security cert. In any means it is not easy exam and good starting point.
&lt;/span&gt;