× Welcome to SGCyberSecurity forum!

Feel free to discuss any topics relating to cybersecurity with the rest of the security community in this forum.

Topic-icon Actually I dunno what training to go for.

9 years 5 months ago #590 by o_lesliec

I am have quite abit of knowledge in OS hardening but i dun practise them. LOL.

Did those wifi authentication using WPA2 enterprise with certificate authority. Configure bluecoat to block sites etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #591 by o_moomoo77

actually i have a fren like you stuck for years in infra side but happen that there's a vacancy at security dept and they dun mind taking him in. so see ur side got lobangs or not. if dun have then no choice have to look outside.

hardening is just part of security governance, there's more to it. Security covers all the IT Governance areas like doing VA scanning, web pen test, doing log reviews, incident response, etc..

if u have family, maybe dun jump cos some companies' IT Security no life one, on call 24/7.

9 years 5 months ago #592 by o_lesliec

Wow thanks. My company is seriously kok up one. I would not want to stay even if they have a suitable position. Do project then no money, migrate AD such a big project ask me one person handle. If mess up I must answer? My level and pay not worth to take the responsibility. KPMG security side is very siong one? 24/7 view logs?

9 years 5 months ago #593 by o_felineteo82

Morning folks! @lesliec, if u r thinking of joining big four, pls think again because it is really very xiong and lots of OT! so u r taking course at SP, how much and how long the duration? ?ÿ:)

9 years 5 months ago #595 by o_lesliec

Morning Bro. The course at SP is rather cheap for Singaporeans. only $940 for 1 year. The course is spec dip in cyber security mgnt. I've applied for the NYP spec dip in information security?ÿbut it seems kinda of far from my home.

So big 4 jobs all very siong?

9 years 5 months ago #596 by o_felineteo82

heh, i'm not a bro. :)

yes, big 4 jobs is very very xiong. pls think twice, cos raelly no day and night. learning opportunities are thre but it's tiring esp if u have family.

Interesting course, is it a part time course? what's the frequency of classes? got exams?